Willmore Open registration is open now! Disc Golf Scene Close

April 2022 Meeting Minutes

Full public meeting minutes for our club meeting held on 04/21/2022

STLDGC Meeting April 4/21/2022
Next Meeting: 5/18/2022
Board Attendees: Hayley Day, Brett Elam, Jake Anderson, Ray Vuichard, Taylor Thomas, Allen Hooper, Joe Jaegers, Alex Neupert, Bob Waidmann
Other Attendees: Irina Neupert, Calvin Kinsella, Jeremy Muehling

Review Action Items

Memberships

2022 Memberships – 237 sold, 1 replacements
– We have ordered through 400, picking up 301-400 next week
– Every membership comes with a STLDGC koozie, Brett to order more koozies (50-70 left)
– Next year, we’d like to go with Kyle Potter for tags (no disc to come with)

Ace Pool: $97 (pays $72)
– B-Tiers pay in and out factored in
– BDO #4 is the next eligible event

Finances
Outstanding liabilities
– Food Bank donation from Ice Box $4000
– Sky Hyzer coverage – after B tiers and STLO posted
– STLO Added Cash $5000

General Discussion Items

Sponsor commitments
– Creve tee signs – Lakeside installed
– Still need to obtain the rest of the sponsors for Hillside – This will be done in late summer

Standardize club event entry fee minimums (as a jumping off point for new TDs):
– A Tier – $100
– B Tier – $60
– C Tier – $40
– Flex-Start C Tier – $20
– Club Events – $30

Inventory purchases for rest of year:
– Taylor – Discraft and Discmania
– Brett – MVP and Prodigy
– Jake – Innova
– Hayley – Trilogy

Looking into club branded merchandise for inventory

Norrenburn’s – we have unclaimed concrete here

Events

3/25 Brett’s Day Off Flex C Tier: Endicott
– Event report

3/26 – 3/27 B Tiers
– Event report
– Next year amateurs finish at tournament central (where inventory is)
– Leftover player’s packs to go into inventory

4/22 Brett’s Day Off Flex C Tier: JB
– BDO events are essentially fundraising for STLO added cash

4/30 – Tin Man Doubles
– Status update, registration is open

5/28 – Logan Memorial
– Jeff Irwin is running, Bob to be there with inventory

6/18 – Ironman – Calvin Kinsella and Jeremy Muehling
– Discussion around courses – potential proposal: Hudson, Endicott 27, Sioux/Briscoe 27, Carrollton, White Birch (10 holes)

9/16 – 9/18 – STLO
– Player’s pack item ideas: MVP basket (Paratrooper as a backup large item), GG Jercy, DA collaborative apparel, and more to be brainstormed
– If we get baskets, store them at C&C or just rent a storage unit
– Registration to open in 3-4 weeks
– Attempting to work out a deal with title sponsor
– Raffle to include two Zuca
– Logan to be the host of the player’s party again this year in exchange for pros playing there on Sunday (video coverage)
– First pass at pool breakdown and course schedule: Pool E changes to include pro master women and use Lakeside, Endicott, Willmore

Courses

Opportunity: Crestwood – Hooper and Irwin
– 2022 installation but waiting on update from parks

Opportunity: Wilson Park (Granite City, IL) – Brett
– Design tweaks, working with parks

Schroeder – Baskets
– All baskets installed at this point

Creve Coeur Lakeside – Jim McGowan, Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Teesigns installed
– Installation of some concrete pads in the coming weeks

Creve Coeur Hillside – Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Caution signs in hand, ready to install
– Turf from Logan/Lakeside moving here
– Irwin working on artwork for teesigns to be created and installed (after teepads)

Jefferson Barracks Park – Aaron Walther
– Plenty of materials and when parks can move them to the course, we’ll schedule work days

Jefferson Barracks Bunker – Allen Hooper, Taylor Thomas
– Hooper working on teepads
– Official sign to warn beginners

Sioux Passage – Coaches – Freddie
– New baskets: Mach 7s a possibility
– Brett to have a conversation with parks about ongoing work here
– Hoop and Dude may have DGA sleeves to use for replacements
– Pin positions need to be cleared out

Briscoe Woods – Coaches – Paul
– Short term plans: general cleanup/trimming/upkeep
– Hold off on official tee signs due to possible changes – old holes potentially coming back
– April update: Ethan working on simple tee signs as a temporary solution

Sunset Lakes – Jeff Irwin
– Budget to be created for replacement baskets
– April update: Irwin reaching out to see if the litigation still affects our ability to hold events

Carrollton – Coaches – Ethan Livaudais
– Gold Layout – Brett to test on 7/4 at BDO
– Holes can be filled with dirt freely
– Fall 2022: Tree planting through releaf

Endicott – TC Brown
– Sleeves need replaced – Hooper to get sleeves from Gateway and coordinate with TC
– Open position for another course captain
– To be fixed: hole 9 wall, hole 13 C
– Teesigns shelved for now

Unger – Dan Adams, Joe Jaegers, Eric Clever
– Brett to run Unger expansion idea through county parks and coordinate with Joe
– Brett to continue coordination of Eagle scout project(s)

Willmore – Ryan Rickard
– Hooper working replacement or repair of handful of pin placements
– Off season: Tee signs to be upgraded