Registration is open for the Logan Memorial! Register Today Close

August 2022 Meeting Minutes

Full public meeting minutes for our club meeting held on 8/10/2022

STLDGC August Meeting 8/10/22
Next Meeting: 9/8/22

Board Attendees: Hayley Day, Brett Elam, Ray Vuichard, Jake Anderson, Taylor Thomas, Jeff Willems, Bob Waidmann, Joe Jaegers
Other Attendees:

Review Action Items


2022 Memberships – 256 sold, 2 replacements
– We have ordered through 400, picking up 301-400 soon
– Every membership comes with a STLDGC koozie, Brett to order more koozies (50-70 left)

Ace Pool: $656 (pays $492)
– BDO #7 included
– Meramec Meltdown is next available

Outstanding liabilities
– Sky Hyzer coverage – after B tiers and STLO posted
– STLO Added Cash $5000
– Inventory
– Willmore Bridge and Tee Signs
– Baskets at Sioux Passage
– Endicott Tee Signs
– Hillside Teepads

Sponsor commitments
– Hillside teesigns (see Brett’s action items)

General Discussion Items

Budget for courses for next year – determine where funds go (divided between courses somehow)

Ironman shirt design resale from Dark Ace – approved

2023 Board Ambassador positions – form up and so far we have 5 responses

2023 Course Caregiver: material getting / making – roll out January 2023

Shirt orders just after club champs a possibility

Norrenburn’s – we have unclaimed concrete here

Rob Newcomb – $13 owed from Tin Man CTP

Irwin has Innova sleeves, Brett has Gateway sleeves


7/23 – JB Open C Tier – Willems
– Event report

8/20 – Meramec Meltdown C Tier – Taylor

9/5 – BDO at Bunker

9/16 – 9/18 – STLO
– $40 Voucher in lieu of MVP basket and disc
– 419 baskets ordered – storage unit plus uhaul truck
– Player pack pickup at 4 Hands 12-5 and 7-9:30
– Workdays on courses prior to event (task list posted)
– SkyHyzer is doing the filming and maybe next day coverage
– Ryan Watkins with Parked Disc Golf – Clinic from Alex Berg, Lauren Butler, Trevor Harbolt (day TBD)
– SA Skins Match maybe – Taylor to coordinate with SA and SkyHyzer
– Flex Starts – Greg Wilcox, Phil McGuire, Ray Vuichard – Wednesday and Thursday
– Raffle to include two Zuca, MVP stuff (5 bags)
– Logan to be the host of the player’s party again this year
– Volunteer / course TD meetings early week prior to STLO, Volunteers form to be filled, Volunteers are paid $15 / day in vouchers ($10 for half day)
– Kyle Potter trophy quote – approved
– Vouchers to be printed – Ryan to do artwork

10/1 – Willmore Open – Neupert
– Can we use Matt Augistein’s STL basket stamp? Paragon for shirts
– Innova order TFR discs custom stamps

10/15-10/16 – Club Champs – Taylor, Brett Saturday – Ray, Willems Sunday
– Kyle Potter for 2023 club champs tags


Opportunity: Crestwood – Hooper and Irwin
– 2022 installation but waiting on update from parks

Creve Coeur Lakeside – Jim McGowan, Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Concrete pads
– Back 9 is flooded but planning on a few new pin positions for STLO

Creve Coeur Hillside – Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Teepads targeted to be done by end of year (crushed limestone), hope to use parks machinery and volunteers
– Practice basket and 5 new pin positions
– Irwin working on artwork for teesigns to be created and installed (after teepads)

Jefferson Barracks Park – Aaron Walther
– Plenty of materials and when parks can move them to the course, work days

Jefferson Barracks Bunker – Allen Hooper, Taylor Thomas
– Overhead map is in, looking to cover with tempered glass

Sioux Passage – Coaches – Freddie
– After STLO, before club champs: New baskets – MVP Portals (sponsorship for 400, get the old basket)
– 19 new sleeves with new baskets, 19 extra

Briscoe Woods – Coaches – Paul Schnieder
– Hold off on official tee signs due to possible changes – old holes potentially coming back

Sunset Lakes – Jeff Irwin, Lavan Lee
– 8/21 workday to install new pin placements and remark tee boxes, installing tee posts if time allows

Carrollton – Coaches – Ethan Livaudais
– Potential change in removing hole 14 and creating a new hole 2 for design/flow
– Eventually targeting two baskets per hole – ordering 3 more now
– Concrete pads: short 1, new 2 to come back to “3” (remove 14), long 3, long 8, short 11, (short 13), long 18
– Fall 2022: Tree planting through releaf

Endicott – TC Brown, Jeremy Muehling
– Sleeves need replaced – Hooper to help coordinate (sleeves at Brett’s)
– To be fixed: hole 9 wall, hole 13 C
– Teesigns shelved for now: Daniel Moss

Unger – Dan Adams, Joe Jaegers, Eric Clever
– Unger expansion disapproved for a few years

Willmore – John Hellwig, Allen Hooper
– Off season: Tee signs to be upgraded