Join the club as a 2024 member today! Join Here Close

February 2023 Meeting Minutes

Full public meeting minutes for our club meeting held on 2/27/2023

STLDGC February Meeting 2/27/23
Next Meeting: 3/??/23 (Options: 20th, 22nd, 29th)
Board Members: Hayley Day, Brett Elam, Jeff Irwin, Calvin Kinsella, Ethan Livaudais, Jeff Willems, Bob Waidmann
Board Ambassadors: Jeremy Muehling, Charlie Akers
Other Attendees: James Ly, Paul Schneider

Review Action Items

Memberships

2023 Memberships – 221 sold
– 50 more tags ordered (gives us up to 350)

Ace Pool: $261
– Glitch in the Park: $56 + $75
– BDO#2: $131 + $164 – $220
– Caaarollton: $75 + $186
– Next eligible: BDO 3/10

Finances

Outstanding liabilities
– Willmore Tee Signs
– Endicott Tee Signs
– Hillside Teepads (single form concrete)

Sponsor commitments
– Hillside Teesigns (In Review)

General Discussion Items

First available tree sponsor signs at STL Courses (Lead-Hooper) – Pushed to March meeting
– Minimum diameter tree, thin metal, long screws

Board Ambassador/Course Caretaker Results

Course Captains
– Update list with contact information
– Invite to future meetings (“course focused” meetings – to be done every third meeting) – try the first in March

Bonnie (STL County) Meeting in March (conflicts, future reservations, power tools, Bee Tree, our improvements…)

STLO Player Packs
– Vote: 2 for Option 4 (Willems, Irwin), 5 for Option 1 (Jake, Calvin, Brett, Ethan, Hayley)

Inventory – Orders to be made for the B-Tiers: Innova, Trilogy, MVP, Max Wax

TD Assignments for the year & Schedule Conflicts
– Move Meramec Meltdown to 4/22 (from 4/29)
– XC Dubs and NDA Event Locations (XC Dubs now at JB, NDA now at Sioux)
– STLO Conflicts: Sioux Cross Country, JB POW/MIA, Creve Car Show
– Creve “All British” Car Show – 23rd (we got Lakeside)
– POW/MIA Recognition Day – 15th (they booked the whole park all weekend)
– Sioux Passage XC Meet “Paul Enke Invitational” – 16th (they booked the whole park all weekend)
– Confirmed Reservations

Venmo Charity Profile Recap
– Can receive but cannot pay out (let’s do it for raffle, etc.)
– Tournament registrations still need to go through DGC (PayPal)
– We cannot use the email – try QR code for B Tiers

STLO Roles

Player caps on flex starts
– We probably should cap flex starts for player experience and course wear
– Next one we can try time windows during signups

Bylaws Rewrite

Sioux Basket Swap
– March 4-5 – You must get baskets or storage fee – Ethan spearheading

Leagues supported by STLDGC

Tournament registration
– Club memberships selling really well – incorporate into all events
– 50/50 selling really well – incorporate into more events

Irwin has Innova sleeves, Brett has Gateway sleeves

Events

1/21 – Ice Box – Endicott – Hooper – Unsanctioned Shotgun
– Event Report

1/27 – BDO – Unger – Brett – C Tier Flex
– Event Report

2/12 – Glitch in the Park – Unger – Brett – Unsanctioned Shotgun
– Event Report

2/20 – BDO – Hudson – Brett – C Tier Flex
– Event Report

2/25 – Noodle Arm Delight – Carrollton – Jeremy – C Tier Flex
– Event Report
– Unhit Ace Pot to be donated to the food back with Ice Box money

3/4-3/5- Basket Replacement – Biscoe/Sioux – Ethan – Work Day

3/10 – BDO – JB – Brett – C Tier Flex
– Meant to be a warm-up to JB league

3/24 – BDO – Briscoe – Brett – C Tier Flex

3/25 – Rock Road Rumble – Carrollton/Endicott – Willems – B Tier
3/26 – The Passage – Biscoe/Sioux – Willems – B Tier
– Have a large raffle for these (hoping to get Zucas in time)

4/22 – Meramac Meltdown – Unger/Willmore – Taylor – C Tier
– Moved from 4/29 (switched dates with Dark Ace)

9/15-9/17 – STLO – Various – Brett – A Tier

Courses

Opportunity: Crestwood – Joe
– 10 MVP baskets waiting for them in storage
– Irwin can help create an invoice

Opportunity: Twin Oaks Park – Brett
– Update – Nothing new at this time

Creve Coeur Lakeside – Jim McGowan, Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Update

Creve Coeur Hillside – Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Teesigns are in, teepads are in work (written approval received, wait to approve financially until 3/11ish to hear back from Gateway, Hooper to provide a quote for doing teepads)

Sunset Lakes – Jeff Irwin
– Possible different tee posts (current are blues)
– Eventual round with Taylor and Robert for possible different mowing areas

Logan – Jeff Irwin
– Update

Sioux Passage – Coaches – Freddie
– New baskets in storage – MVP Portals

Briscoe Woods – Coaches – Paul Schnieder
– New baskets in storage – MVP Portals
– Hold off on official tee signs due to possible changes – some old holes coming back and new pins

Carrollton – Coaches – Ethan Livaudais, Ray Vuichard
– Eventually targeting two baskets per hole – 12 more to be reordered – working on getting baskets from Gateway (deadline of 3/11ish for Gateway to reply)
– Concrete pads: short 1, new 2 to come back to “3” (remove 14), long 3, long 8, short 11, (short 13), long 18
– Irwin to update teesigns (limited changes)

Endicott – TC Brown, Jeremy Muehling
– Sleeves need replaced – Hooper to help coordinate (sleeves at Brett’s)
– To be fixed: hole 9 wall, hole 13 C
– Potential tweak in 13 (flip around or is it worth the effort?)
– Teesigns in off season – Daniel Moss (Koster redesign?)

Jefferson Barracks Park – Aaron Walther
– Erosion issues on hole 3 – stairs, rope, more carpet, different pin position, etc?

Jefferson Barracks Bunker – Allen Hooper, Taylor Thomas
– Update

Unger – Dan Adams, Joe Jaegers, Eric Clever
– Unger expansion disapproved until 2024 / 2025
– Alternate pads

Willmore – John Hellwig, Allen Hooper
– How to keep hole 6 healthy and safe – different pin position?
– Off season: Tee signs to be upgraded (few more pin positions first)