Willmore Open registration is open now! Disc Golf Scene Close

February 2022 Meeting Minutes

Full public meeting minutes for our club meeting held on 02/15/2022

STLDGC Meeting February 2/15/22
Next Meeting: 3/14/2022
Board Attendees: Hayley Day, Alex Neupert, Jake Anderson, Allen Hooper, Taylor Thomas, Ray Vuichard, Brett Elam, Joe Jaegers, Jeff Willems
Other Attendees: N/A

Review Action Items

Memberships

2022 Memberships – 189 sold, 0 replacements
– We have through 300 in hand
– First 200 get STLDGC Gateway disc, STLDGC koozies after
– Alex to check PayPal for any payments for members without tags

Ace Pool: $141 (pays $105)

Finances

Outstanding liabilities
– Endicott baskets
– B Tiers player pack items
– Food Bank Money from Ice Box (sent with Birch Ice Bowl on Feb 26)
– Creve artwork

General Discussion Items

Sponsor commitments
– Creve tee signs – Irwin done with Lakeside artwork, installation soon

Mach III Determination
– Sell best 9 to local church in Arnold and Facebook auction for remaining 8 baskets

Getting disc golf into schools
– Specific school reached out, Alex to coordinate between them and Gateway

Missouri sales tax letter – Joe drafted response, Brett & Ray looked over, Joe to send in

Eagle scout project – Brett and Joe to coordinate to find tangible activities at Unger for the scout to show leadership during design and implementation (no routine maintenance)

Club and event sponsorship offerings
– Acquire new sponsors (see sponsor program page)
– New banner for 2022 (refresh every 2 years)
– Brett to refresh sponsorship agreement for 2022

Reservations for 2022 – email sent, Brett to confirm this goes through without issue

New Gateway baskets in at Endicott, a few lingering issues that Hoop will resolve:
– Two extra baskets on the course that we’ll need to remove and return to Gateway

Inventory
– Special edition Discmania discs
– Inventory purchases to restock before B Tiers
– Trilogy – Hayley
– Innova – Jake
– Discraft (if possible) – Taylor (talk to Bob)
– MVP – Brett
– Prodigy – Brett
– Discmania (if possible) – Taylor

Event page setup
– Hayley to update website and Facebook with event flier, send to email subscriptions
– DGS – Jake
– UDISC – Taylor (non-sanctioned only)
– Need to ensure they cannot check in and keep score here unless intended

Alex to continue making league banner for Facebook

Norrenburn’s – we have unclaimed concrete here

Get udisc signs at all of our courses

Events

1/28 Brett’s Day Off Flex C Tier
– Event report

2/21 Brett’s Day Off Flex C Tier
– Creve Lakeside, registration open now

3/26 – 3/27 B Tiers
– Discmania and Flight Towel players packs (x115 per day)
– PDGA and DGS set up, registration opening next week

9/16 – 9/18 – STLO
– Big player’s pack item:
– First choice: basket – getting quotes in quantities of 200+:
– MVP – Brett
– Discraft – Bob
– Trilogy – Alex
– DGA – Alex
– Large corporate sponsor targets to be brainstormed

Courses

Opportunity: Crestwood
– Design proposal sent, Irwin to have a meeting with them for steps forward

Opportunity: Wilson Park (Granite City, IL)
– First design sent, Brett to send a follow up email to ensure they received

Schroeder – Baskets
– We have a quote for the baskets, Jake to coordinate with Irwin and Innova on how to pay

Creve Coeur Lakeside – Jim McGowan, Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Artwork complete, teesigns being installed soon
– Concrete pads: verbal approval, more details to come

Creve Coeur Hillside – Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
– Caution signs in hand, ready to install
– Whole basket to be ordered to replace damaged practice basket
– Turf from Logan moving here
– Two more pin placements planned for hole 1, hole 18, and practice basket
– After pins in the ground, teesigns to be created and installed

Jefferson Barracks Park – Aaron Walther
– Holes 3 & 4, Joe to set up meeting with parks and Hoop to discuss
– 8D is the last pin left to replace

Jefferson Barracks Bunker – Allen Hooper
– Hooper working on teepads
– New titans are installed

Sioux Passage – Coaches – Freddie
– Getting quotes on new baskets
– Sleeves needs to be replaced and pin positions need to be cleared out

Briscoe Woods – Coaches – Paul
– Todd Lazar has interest in helping out, Brett to follow up with him
– Hold off on tee signs due to possible changes – old holes potentially coming back

Sunset Lakes – Jeff Irwin
– Getting part replacements on baskets
– Will be focusing on after Creve
– No events in 2022 due to ongoing litigation

Carrollton – Coaches – Ethan Livaudais
– Tree planting to happen in fall 2022
– New tops and chains are in for gold positions
– Gold Layout
– Can fill in holes in the ground with dirt freely

Endicott – TC Brown
– New baskets are installed with a few loose ends to tie up (see above)
– Hole 13 C to be fixed
– 18 new sleeves to be purchased and installed
– Teesigns shelved for now
– Hole 9 wall to be fixed

Unger – Dan Adams, Joe Jaegers, Eric Clever
– Numerous parcels (E of Hole 10) for possible expansion – Joe to work with Bob after reservations confirmed to get this in front of county parks
– Eagle scout looking for project(s) here – Joe and Brett to coordinate for this

Willmore – Ryan Rickard
– Overhead map
– Tee signs due for an upgrade
– Handful of pin placements to be replaced or repaired