Willmore Open registration is open now! Disc Golf Scene Close

January 2022 Meeting Minutes

Full public meeting minutes for our club meeting held on 01/06/2022

STLDGC Meeting January 1/6/22
Next Meeting: 2/15/2022
Board Attendees: Hayley Day, Joe Jaegers, Alex Neupert, Jake Anderson, Allen Hooper, Taylor Thomas, Ray Vuichard, Jeff Willems
Other Attendees: N/A

Review Action Items

Memberships

2022 Memberships – 186 sold, 0 replacements
– We have through 300 in hand
– First 200 get STLDGC Gateway disc, STLDGC koozies after
– Justin Done wanting to sell tags – Should reach out to Smokin Aces as well

Ace Pool: $76 (pays $57)
– $41 from Turkey Toss
– Not available at Ice Box

Finances
Outstanding liabilities
– Carrollton baskets – 6 new blue (potential chain switch – if done, pay in full)
– Final payment of Skyhyzer for STLO upcoming
– Creve artwork

General Discussion Items

Sponsor commitments
– Creve tee signs – Irwin done with Lakeside artwork

Club and event sponsorship offerings

New banner for 2022

Need to submit reservations to STL County for the year, we have the email Irwin sent last year as a template

Gateway Deal, scheduling Bunker tops and chains swap, Dave takes old tops and chains, if successful:
– Endicott gets new baskets from Gateway, Dave keeps old baskets, we pay for those
– Carrollton gets rechained and we pay full price

Inventory
– Brett sent MVP email for quote on 19 baskets, basket player’s pack quote, inquiry to regularly order from them
– Bob to inquire about Discraft baskets (and potential discount for STLO player’s pack and inventory order)
– Strategy moving forward, buying

Event page setup – put events everywhere we can, don’t need all details, just when/where/what
– Website – Hayley
– PDGA – Brett
– DGS – Jake
– UDISC – Taylor
– Facebook events – Ray

Facebook banner is currently 2021 schedule
– Alex to continue making league banner
– Hayley to update to temporary banner
– Hayley to reach out to Ryan Koster about making event schedule flier for the whole year

Mach III Determination: Sell to local 9-holer and Facebook auction for individual baskets

Norrenburn’s – we have unclaimed concrete here and they should be club sponsor

Get udisc ambassador to get udisc signs at all of our courses

Events

1/22 Ice Box – Hooper, Alex as helping hand (playing early)
Entry fee – $10 plus $1 mulligans (unlimited)
Flex start 9-1
Ordering 75 discs – price TBD
Raffle available during registration and day of – 1/$1 6/$5 13/$10 30/$20

3/26 – 3/27 B Tiers
– Set up PDGA (hopefully in turn udisc) and DGS
– Keep the same names
– Brett to reach out to La Vista again to make sure we are good to go

9/16 – 9/18 – STLO
Big player’s pack item:
First choice: basket valued around $150 – getting quotes in quantities of 200+:
– MVP – Brett
– Discraft (ask about discount to order extra for inventory) – Bob
– Trilogy – Alex
– DGA – Alex
Plan B:
– Upper Park Pinch
– Bushnell (may not be available to us)

Large corporate sponsor targets to be discussed in upcoming real meeting

Need to start doing consistent event reports (summary: how much are we profiting and with what are we profiting?)

Courses

Opportunity: Crestwood
Design proposal made and sent, no news

Opportunity: Wilson Park (Granite City, IL)
Follow up with course designers and send follow up email

Schroeder
Baskets were invoiced and payment was received
Hayley to tell Irwin he can proceed with basket order

Creve Coeur Lakeside – Jim McGowan, Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
Artwork complete, reviewing with Jim and Mike this weekend
Concrete pads: verbal approval, more details to come

Creve Coeur Hillside – Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin
Caution signs in hand, ready to install
Whole basket to be ordered to replace damaged practice basket
Turf from Logan moving here
Installed additional pin placements on 1, 2, & 6 with two more planned for holes 1 & 18 and practice basket. No other “tweaks” are planned before tee signs are created and installed

Jefferson Barracks Park – Aaron Walther
Joe to continue coordination with AJ for any needed materials: hole 3 erosion, starts at hole 4 teepad, hole 10 bridge
Dude update: 8D is the last pin left to replace

Jefferson Barracks Bunker – Mike Hollingshead gone, Hooper in
Overhead map is in, good feedback on teesigns
Hooper working on teepads
Tops (plus chains) being swapped, coordination between Hoop and Dave to make happen
– Doug and Dude to help
– Hope to get Dave to deliver new and take away old in one go
– Might need new bolts (~$30)

Sioux Passage – Coaches – Freddie
Getting quotes on new baskets. Sleeves needs to be replace, pin positions need to be cleared out
No update, hoping to get up there to scout and plan – to work with coaches afterward

Briscoe Woods – Coaches – Paul
Hold off on tee signs due to possible changes – old holes potentially coming back
No update, hoping to get up there to scout and plan – to work with coaches afterward

Sunset Lakes – Jeff Irwin
Getting part replacements on baskets
Will be focusing on in Jan-Feb timeframe
No events 2022 due to ongoing litigation

Carrollton – Coaches – Ethan Livaudais
Tree planting to happen in fall 2022
Gold Layout
Can fill in holes in the ground with dirt freely

Endicott – TC Brown
Hole 13 C to be fixed
18 new sleeves can be purchased and install if we have the manpower
Teesigns shelved for now
Fix wall on hole 9

Unger – Dan Adams, Joe Jaegers, Eric Clever
Dan Adams has a contact for mulch here
Allocating money toward new bridges
Numerous parcels (E of Hole 10) for possible expansion

Willmore – Ryan Rickard
Overhead map
Tee signs due for upgrade but need to ensure pin placements are complete