Join the club as a 2024 member today! Join Here Close

September 2023 Meeting Minutes

Full public meeting minutes for our club meeting held on 09/06/2023

STLDGC September Meeting 9/6/23

Next Meeting: 9/8 Party, 10/12

Board Members: Jeff Willems, Brett Elam, Hayley Elam, Ray Vuichard, Joe Jaegers, Jeff Irwin, Calvin Kinsella, Taylor Thomas, Allen Hooper

Board Ambassadors: Jeremy Muehling, Charlie Akers, Robert Eich

Other Attendees: G, James Ly, CJ Novak, Ryan Rickard, JC

9 DAYS TO GO UNTIL STLO!

STLO Action Items

Memberships

  • 2023 Memberships – 288 sold
  • Ace Pool: $562
    • BDO7: $309 + $80 – $0 = $389
    • BDO8: $389 + $173 – $0 = $562
    • Next eligible: STLO Flex Starts, then STLO
    • Ace payout cap: $500

 

Finances

Outstanding liabilities

  • Hillside Concrete Teepads
    • Quote ready but we are getting a second quote before moving forward
    • Ideally, work to happen in October
  • Endicott Tee Signs
    • Board approved to move forward, down payment made
    • Ethan has ideas for new pins before we finalize tee sign art
  • Willmore Tee Signs – To be done after STLO (temp tee signs as need for STLO)

 

General Discussion Items

  • St. Louis County Library – into to disc golf programs (spring 2024)
  • Manchester Parks & Rec – disc golf clinic (Sat 9-23 at Schroeder) – donate used discs from L&F (20-25)
  • City of Crestwood – grand opening ceremony (Fri 9-29 at the course) – info and/or merch table/booth, skill demos/teaching, etc. – Calvin and Chris
  • Podcast “Hoosier Sophisticate” – sponsoring a player for STLO and wants to do interviews – Robert, Taylor, Jeremy 
  • Unger Chainsaw Massacre
  • Willmore – Restoration of woodland planned (possibly affects hole 11 / hole 2)
    •  JC went to a meeting about this – any update? Trees at hole 11 tee pad?
    • No updates
  • By-Laws Rewrite
    • Irwin rewrote, Hayley reviewed and shared with board to review
    • Revisit this before club champs

 

Events

  • 8/11 – BDO – Willmore – Brett – Flex C Tier
    • Event Report
  • 9/4 – BDO – Lakeside – Brett – Flex C Tier
    • Event Report
  • 9/14 – STLO Flex – Endicott – Jeremy – Flex C Tier
  • 9/14 – STLO Flex – Carrollton Blues – Ray – Flex C Tier
  • 9/15-9/17 – STLO – Various – Brett – A Tier
    • Role updates
    • Gateway – Logan swag, card winners, new discs for sale
    • Each TD to have throwing net and basket if no practice basket
    • Course/player/caddy guide
    • Player packing day: bags and all other items in when?
  • 10/14 – STLDGC Club Championships – Sioux/Briscoe
    • Same deal as last year: $30 for tag, koozie, mini
    • 36 holes, shotgun start
    • Kyle Potter making tags for us: 1 gold, 2-10 silver, other colors
  • 11/5 – Willmore Open – Willmore – TD TBD

 

STLO Courses

North

Carrollton – Coaches, Ray Vuichard

  • To be done before STLO: Irwin sent email to parks, mando sign on hole 16, small cleanup items, no need to trashbag baskets between divisions, whiskers to go in 18+18 holes, small tree cleanup
  • Projects: Concrete pads (short 1, new 2 to come back to “3” and remove 14, long 3, long 8, short 11, short 13, long 18), Irwin to update teesigns (limited changes), resurface teepads of holes 1-3, more tree planting in the winter

Endicott – Jeremy Muehling

  • To be done before STLO: Ready
  • Maintenance: Replace damaged pins and locks (we have new sleeves and locks)
  • Projects: Replace teesigns (Ryan Koster for new design), retaining wall redo on hole 9, hole 13 cleanup or flip

West

Creve Coeur Lakeside – Jim McGowan, Mike Fritz, Jeff Irwin

  • To be done before STLO: Mando signs, little bit of  cleanup
  • Projects: Holes 3, 6 (small bit), 7, 14, 15 teepads (part of the Hillside teepad project), teesign redo on holes 6, 13, 15 and 18, fixing up the OB areas, repair the benches gradually

Logan – Jeff Irwin

  • To be done before STLO: Tournament 18 in position the week before (parking lot closed), mulch and marking paint from Logan, OG hole 17 island circle off tee, flags being ordered for OB lines, whiskers to go in 18+6 holes
  • Maintenance: Last scheduled dive was 5-30-23

South

Unger – Dan Adams, Joe Jaegers

  • To be done before STLO: If flooded, we’ll figure it out on the fly
  • Projects: Expansion near hole 10 (at least a year out), greenway 2025 (holes 4, 6, and 8 will have to go away)

Willmore – John Hellwig, Allen Hooper

  • To be done before STLO: Ready
  • Maintenance: Repair old and add new pin positions, damaged pin repair
  • Projects: Retaining wall, tee signs eventually